The Norma Perlstein Social Action Committee
Temple Sholom's Norma Perlstein Social Action Committee, named in honor of Temple Sholom's former Executive Director, is actively involved with coordinating efforts to fulfill the mitzvah of tikkun olam (repairing the world).
Our Social Action Committee supports many organizations including:
- Neighbor to Neighbor
- American Red Cross
- Mothers for Others
- David's Treasure Chest Toy Closet at Stamford Hospital
- Inspirica Women's Shelter
- Midnight Run
- Project Ezra
- Hertzog Children's Center in Afula, Israel
The Social Action Committee also supports volunteer initiatives including:
- Preparing and delivering meals for those in need
- Organizing food, clothing, diaper/wipes and toy drives
- Hosting seniors from the Lower East Side and local area for lunch/dinner
- Visiting nursing home residents
- Chesed Committee
One of the most important concepts in the Jewish tradition is that of chesed, or loving-kindness. Click here to see how you can get involved with the Chesed Committee.
If you want to be involved with the Social Action Committee, we'll help you find a way! Do you have an idea for a different project that you'd like to help Temple Sholom get involved in? We're always happy to consider new ideas. Please contact Social Action Chair Scott Kramer at [email protected].